What life never taught me.
There once was a young boy gazing across the room,
being taught on how to live in another world far from here.
An open window and a vision of blurred red taught him a simple lesson:
To reach one destination, one must leave the other.
The words stuck to his body like ink to yellowed paper
stuck in the attic amidst cobwebs, where spiders held it company
in the absence of a man who had long known only how to age.
My mother once told me life is like an amnesiac,
experimenting on humanity to fabricate its own identity.
That individual’s name nowadays has become a center
of intellectual warfare and heated rivalry,
its true self imagined to be like a lover’s warm caress.
'Adult' is just another word for loneliness,
urging the young to grow old for the sake of unity.
Today the news broacasted haunting images
of children seated on those who had already left,
lifting a weapon as tall as they were
and I wondered if life held a grudge against the images it created
or perhaps had never learned some toys break when thrown.
I laid out my theory in front of him like a board of letters and numbers,
ready to wake the sleeping into confessing their tonguess had been held
until they could speak no more.
How such thoughts, heavy as iron and thick as an elephant’s grey skin
hadn’t killed me was a memoir to him of how life sometimes tries to learn
how to grow up, even if it created butterflies spending years as larvae,
only to perish with wings of a hundred hues in the span of a mere week.
Life had never taught me a sure way to live,
but it never dared to teach me how to give up either.
Im not allowed outside after dark because i outshine all the stars and the moon so baby sea turtles always end up flocking to me
Rules: Just insert your answers to the questions below. Tag
at least 10followers.
- Name: Jurriën
- Nickname: Jurri, Jurr, Goud, Hirago
- Birthday: 25th of August.
- Gender: Male
- Sexuality: Doesn’t matter to me.
- Height: 6”3 ft/193 cm
- Time zone: GMT/UTC +1
- What time and date is it there: 5:30 pm, 30th of August.
- Average hours of sleep: Usually between 5-8 hours.
- OTPs: Ulquiorra/Orihime, Levi/Petra, Rogue/Sting, Jaime/Brienne,
- The last thing I Googled was: ”Deepstaria Enigmatica” (It’s a jellyfish that looks like a dementor/thin blanket)
- First word that comes to mind: Swordfish
- What I last said to a family member: ”Thanks for dinner”
- One place that makes me happy and why:
My bedThere’s a little stream not far from my home where a lot of ducks and other birds congregate. I like to go for a walk there.
- How many blankets I sleep under: Usually just one. I just switch between a thin and thick one depending on the weather/season.
- Favorite beverage: Milk
- The last movie i watched in the cinema was: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. (I really don’t go to cinemas a lot)
- Three things I can’t live without: Laptop, food and friends
- Something I plan on learning: Cooking.
- A piece of advice for all my followers: Accept your problems and the way things are at present, but never use them as an excuse to limit your growth. Rather, work to improve yourself no matter how slow the progress may be and learn to overcome the difficulties or at least live with them. Your problems alone don’t define you.
- My blog/s: This is my only blog, though I am still planning to open up a writing blog, if only to have a place to dump my stuff.
- You have to listen to this song: Rise Against - People live here
- I tag: justarandomtomato
- I was tagged by:
episode 10 predictions
- rin: man sousuke... im so sad about what happened with haru... i just need a good shoulder to cry on..
- sousuke: yeah about that